Auction Terms & Conditions THIS IS A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU, THE BIDDER/BUYER AND FAIR AUCTION COMPANY, LLC, THE AUCTIONEER.
By Registering to Bid, Bidding, Win, or otherwise purchase any Item or Lot from Fair Auction Company, LLC, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
* Verification: HiBid uses bidder authentication software to pre-vet any prospective buyer. FAC will approve a buyer only if their account is held in upstanding status, has a verified credit card on file and is free from previous disputes with other auction houses.
* Fair Auction Company, LLC reserves the right to disallow any prospective bidder to bid at our auction. We will disallow international buyers as we do not ship internationally.
* FAC may request a deposit from a buyer of the buyer requests to bid via an account with a negative payment history, or if FAC believes the buyer or account may be at risk of non-payment. A deposit of 50% of the low estimate, to cap at $1000 may be requested. If the requested deposit is not paid before the auction begins to close, the buyer or account will be disallowed to bid.
* Socially distant pickup required. Please arrive within the three day pickup time by appointment. Follow the signup link to let us know when you'll be arriving.
* Buyers must pickup their items THURSDAY APRIL 15th, 2021 from 10AM-4:30PM and FRIDAY APRIL 16th from 10AM-4:30PM in McLean, VA. Any alternate pickup request must be made in writing to: email@example.com. We reserve the right to deny any alternative pickup request.
* For items which remain un-claimed during the pickup window: Standard storage fees are $5 per lot, per day, beginning Tuesday following the pickup window.
* We will not assume you require shipping for any reason. The buyer agrees to request shipping in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they risk forfeiting their items if this request is not made within 7 days of the auction close. No refund will be extended as a result of buyer forfeiture.
* The Auction House reserves the right to charge a deposit during the close of the auction if winning bids for any new registered bidder reach above $1000 (one thousand dollars). The Auction House will NEVER charge any buyer for more than their invoice which may include buyers premium, sales tax, shipping fees and storage fees.
* For auctions selling on multiple web platforms, the Auctioneer has sole discretion to sell any item to the highest bidder, regardless of the website they bid on. Items may be extended past their scheduled ending time so that all bids for any particular item may be accepted. Once the auctioneers hammer has dropped, the sale is final and title to the item or lot moves to the winning bidder.
* All invoices must be paid in full directly after the close of the auction. We will charge the registered credit card on file at the end of the auction, once all the bids are in. This is an automated process that requires nothing of the buyer other than to ensure they registered with the correct credit card.
* Late Payment: If payment is not received within fifteen (14) Days of the auction close date, FAC reserves the right to charge an interest payment of 2% of the invoice price per month until the invoice is paid.
* Hammer prices and bid increments at our auction are not negotiable. Once an auction has closed, the buyer is required to pay the full amount of their bid regardless of the reason for their contrition, bidder error, buyers remorse or any other reason.
* FAC may offer a lot subject to a minimum price, being confidential between the auctioneer and the consignor: this is known as a reserve. Reserves are normally blind to the bidder but may be revealed on a case by case basis upon request and with the approval of release by the consignor. If there is no indication to the bidder in the description of a lot, the assumption must be made that the item will be offered with a reserve. We prohibit sellers from bidding on their own lots therefore the reserve opportunity must be offered.
* Buyers agree to bring any issue or concern to the auctioneer before the end of the auction in order to have an issue addressed. Email to email@example.com or call 703.444.2300.
* FAC reserves the right to withdraw an item from a catalog for any reason with liability for such withdraw. We also reserve the right to add items to the auction after the initial catalog has been posted, but before the auction begins to close.
* Photographs of auction items are copyright and the exclusive property of Fair Auction Company, LLC. Use of photos from our website is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of FAC images Will result in the declining of all future bids and or banning from our auctions. Legal action for violation of copyright laws may be enforced.
* All items are sold AS IS, WHERE IS with all faults. We do our best to describe the items as we see them, but are not experts in the working, style or normative condition of every single item we sell.
* As Is, Where Is means you agree that once the bidding has ended, your winning bid on each item is sold to you as the buyer, and we, Fair Auction Company, LLC are relieved of any liability thereafter. You are responsible for payment of the item including buyer's premium, tax and any applicable fees associated with said item(s).
* Guarantee of Product: Fair Auction Company, LLC Guarantees that the item(s) you won at our auction will be the item(s) received during pickup and/or delivery, and in the condition as photographed and described.
* Any issues with purchased items received must be addressed before the pickup has completed. Once an item leaves our care (warehouse or auction location) we are no longer liable, and our guarantee of product has, at that instant, expired.
* All names, titles and descriptions are believed accurate but not guaranteed. Bidders should inspect in person, and perform further research into items of interest before bidding.
* Bidder inspection is highly encouraged and we allow extremely flexible hours for inspection. In the event a bidder is unable to meet the scheduled times for inspection, they may schedule an after-hours meeting. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse an unreasonable meeting request outside of scheduled hours.
* By placing a bid, the bidder signifies that they have examined all items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them. Should they choose not to personally examine them in person, we are not liable for the buyer falsely assuming facts or details of any item.
* Virginia state sales tax is 6% and shall be charged at the end of the auction to include all your purchases. We must be notified of your tax exemption before the end of the auction to ensure we process the transaction without tax.
* Buyer's premium for this auction shall be 20%, and will be added to the hammer price for each item. No cash or check will be accepted as a form of payment for this auction.
* Buyers have until the end of the pickup window to pick up their item(s) or confirm shipping arrangements with the auctioneer in writing. Items left more than 7 days past this pickup date without communication are considered abandoned, when they will be resold or donated.
* Have plans at the time of the auction end? Use the Max Bid feature, and let the software do the work. It will bid competitively for you up to your maximum bid. If you get outbid, you'll get an email with a prompt to increase your bid. Max Bids are not mandatory but recommended to avoid buyer dissatisfaction.
* Light bulbs used in photographs are for demonstration purposes only. They will not be included with the sale of a lot unless they are specifically and/or permanently tied to its particular lighting fixture.
* Packing materials at pickup time are on a first come, first serve basis only. We offer them as a "when available" option to the buyer, not under any required pretense. To be certain your items will make it home safely, bring your own packing materials.
* Shipping requests should be requested within 24 hours of receiving an invoice to ensure your best shipping price can be found.
* For your own protection, the billing address for the credit card you registered with must match the shipping address. This applies to any item needing shipping. Your item(s) will NOT be shipped if the credit card "Billing Address" does not match the "Ship To" address. Shipping is made available to US buyers only.
* For items being shipped, a minimum handling fee of $15 applies for any one Smalls lot. $40 handling fee per art-work and/or small furniture lot will be applied to cover packing material, time and storage. Large furniture may require freight shipping.
* Shipping materials are recycled and on a first come, first serve basis only. If we do not have the appropriate box or materials to pack your item(s), we will purchase them at the buyer's expense, and by bidding then requesting shipping, the buyer agrees to pay for any packing material.
* Purchasing insurance for shipping via any currier is mandatory at our auction. We are not liable for any damage once an item has left our Auction House.
* If an item has been shipped and damaged during said shipping, a claim must be instigated with the currier itself. Any insurance claim shall be entirely handled between the buyer and the currier.
* Fair Auction Company, LLC shall be fully exempt from liability in the even a third party shipper has damaged an item.
* Additional shipping terms and information can be found by scrolling down to the "Shipping/Pickup" tab below. By placing a bid, the buyer signifies they have read and agree to all shipping/ pickup terms.
* All sales are final. There are no returns for any reason including failure to carefully inspect all photos and descriptions. No charge backs will be permitted.
* Due to a rise in credit card fraud in the United States, we reserve the right to refuse any bid and/or any registration that is found to be suspicious.
* Buyers might be banned from bidding for the following reasons: the card on file was declined in a previous auction, if a purchased item was abandoned, if they did not respect the rules of the auction and these terms, if another affiliate or partner auctioneer has permanently banned a buyer for any reason.
* By placing a bid, the Buyer agrees to these and all General, Shipping, and Payment Terms listed on our website. Announcements made the day of the auction supersede the above mentioned terms.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms